SERVINGS: MAKES 12
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup raw quinoa, rinsed
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Be sure to rinse the quinoa before toasting or these could end up bitter tasting.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Coat 8×8” baking pan with nonstick vegetable oil spray; line with parchment, leaving overhang on all sides.
Toast almonds, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds on a rimmed baking sheet, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 10–12 minutes. Let cool.
Reduce oven temperature to 200°.
Process cherries, brown rice syrup, salt, and 2 Tbsp. water in a food processor until smooth.
Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in toasted almond mixture. Press firmly into prepared pan and bake until no longer sticky, 20–25 minutes.
Let cool, then cut into bars.