- 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked for 24 hours and drained (Do NOT use canned, texture will be too moist)
- 1/2 onion
- 6 tablespoons of chopped parsley and/or cilantro
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 T olive oil (you will need more for the baking sheet)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Put all the ingredients in food processor.
- Blend together but do not puree. Mixture should be slightly wet and hold together well.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Generously oil/spray cooking sheet.
- Form patties out of the mixture and place on the cookie sheet.
- Brush olive oil on top of falafel patties to ensure the crust toasts when flipped.
- Bake for 10 minutes and flip over. Bake the 2nd side for 15 minutes or until the outsides are brown and crispy and the insides moist and chewy.
Serve with pita bread, tomatoes, tahini and/or tzatziki.
Original recipe from instructables.com. Makes 10 falafel patties.