- Quinoa (uncooked) – 2 cups
- Parsley, fresh, chopped – 1 bunch
- Tomato paste – 29oz can
- Vegetable oil – ½ cup
- Onion (med), sliced – 4
- Garlic cloves, minced – 10
- Zucchini, sliced thinly – 10
- Oregano, dried – 1 T
- Basil, dried – 1 T
- Marjoram, dried – 1 T
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Feta cheese – 2 lbs
- Cottage cheese – 3½ lbs
- Cheddar cheese, grated – 1 ¼ lbs
- Tomatoes, thinly sliced – 5
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook the quinoa according to the quinoa cooking directions. (The quinoa can be cooked the day before and kept in the refrigerator).
- While the quinoa is cooking, saute the onions and garlic in oil until the onions begin to soften.
- Into the saute, stir in the zucchini, herbs, and pepper, and cook on medium heat until the zucchini are just tender.
- After the quinoa has cooked, stir in the parsley and tomato paste into the cooked quinoa.
- In a large bowl, mix the feta and cottage cheese.
- Lightly oil the chafing pans that will be used.
- To assemble the casserole, divide the ingredients among the chafing pans in the following order: Quinoa mixture on the bottom, then sauteed zucchini mixture, and finally the feta and cottage cheese mixture on top.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes. Uncover the casserole and top with grated cheddar cheese and tomato slices.
- Bake for 15 minutes uncovered. Allow the casserole to sit for 30 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.
Makes 24 pieces. Original recipe from Moosewood Cooks for a Crowd.