- Onion (small), chopped – ½
- Garlic cloves, minced – 1
- Ginger root, grated – 2 tsp
- Powdered ginger – ½ tsp
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Coriander – 1 tsp
- Bay leaves – 1
- Yellow curry paste – 1 tsp
- Peanut butter – ½ cup
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Tamari – 1 tsp
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Coconut milk, sm cans – 1 cans
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Carrots, sliced – 1.5
- Red bell pepper, ¾” pieces – 1
- Yams, small, ¾ inch cubes – 1
- Tofu, drained, pressed, cut into cubes – 1 block
- Cilantro OR basil, roughly chopped – 1 bunch
- Salt, to taste
Lemon Grass, optional
Begin with the pot to which you’re going to add all the ingredients.
- Heat a little oil in the bottom of the pot. Saute the onions until they start to soften. Add ginger, powdered ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander and bay leaves and sauté 2 minutes more.
- Add the curry paste and stir until fragrant, about 1 -2 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, honey, tamari, apple cider vinegar, coconut milk and water. If using lemon grass, add now. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Saute carrots and yams. Add to sauce and simmer, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender. Add tofu and bell pepper and turn off heat.
- Turn heat back on 10-15 minutes before serving and add fresh cilantro or basil and lemon juice in last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Add salt to taste.
Put out crushed roasted peanuts for garnish. Serve over rice.